Peace Lutheran Church practices radical hospitality, which means we leave behind our comfort and preferences for the sake of those around us.
We are out in the community-
- We stand for justice, rally for gun safety, advocate at city council meetings for homeless shelter, publicly celebrate Pride month, and hold vigils for those lives lost to gun violence
- We have led community-wide book discussion groups on “Waking up White,” “The Book of Forgiveness, ” “Red State Christians,” and “White Fragility.”
- Members volunteer and serve on boards around the community, including Mercy Hospital, Grace’s Place Crisis Nursery, Human Rights Task Force, Neighbors United-Undoing Racism, Public Libraries in Washington and New Haven.
We bring healing to the broken world by directly serving–
- Several Groups meet weekly to prepare nearly 50 LWR kits and nearly 100 quilts annually
- Our Crisis Fund provides financial support for immediate individual needs on a case-by-case basis
- We have a Little Peace Pantry on church property, support a summer sack lunch feeding program, help pack meals at an annual Feed My Starving Children event, and take a turn several times each year at the Harvest Table weekly free community meal